— The Aesthetics Room
you’re looking for
Frequently asked questions
We have a broad range of treatments available and can discuss your options during the consultation. One of the most popular treatments we use in Botulinum Toxin (Botox). It is a protein that stops chemical messengers sending signals to muscles in the face. Over time, wrinkles are formed due to overactive muscle movement. Botulinum toxin stops the movement resulting in a firmer, smoother look.
It isn’t a lengthy process at all and takes only a few minutes with no anaesthesia necessary. Using a fine needle, we will inject the toxin into specific muscles. There will only be minor discomfort for a short period. The effects do not become apparent until 4-10 days after treatment and should last approximately 3-4 month.
Botox is a safe and speedy procedure and will have hardly any impact on your day to day activities. We do however recommend you avoid anything too strenuous for at least 24 hours. Here are some suggestions:
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the injected area for at least 4 hours, including facials.
- Only commit to light exercise for 24 hours.
- Try to remain upright for 4 hours. So, avoid laying on your front or taking part in activities that involve you leaning over too much.
- Don’t wear any tight headwear. For example, a helmet that may be tight across your forehead.
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.
- If you are on blood-thinning medication, seek advice before your treatment.
Please note, Botulinum Toxin Type A is a prescription-only medicine and will only be prescribed after an initial consultation.
- Crows Feet
Summary of Treatment
*results can be different in each individual
30 minutes estimated
24 hours estimated
Duration of Results
Back to Work
1 hour estimated
Risks & Complications
Infection, bruises, drooping brow, allergic reactions (e.g. swelling)*
No anaesthetic necessary
Book a Treatment
All the treatments offered are carried out by professionals trained specifically in the procedures offered.